- Still on payroll
- Still have benefits
- At the moment don’t have to file for unemployment
- Don’t have to continue doing something I really don’t want to do
- Federal Sick Leave in place will be claiming that up until April 6
- have to use PTO next Monday-Wednesday
- if don’t have enough PTO will be paid half pay for the day(s)
- if file for unemployment, lose benefits and no guarantee of being rehired when office reopens
- foolish yet generous Mormon Owner & President of company firmly seem rooted behind our idiot in charge who thinks life will be peachy by Easter whereas in the state of Pennsylvania where I reside there are 1000 cases and growing of Covid-19. There is a pretty good chance Governor Tom Wolf will extend the stay at home order beyond April 6.
America has sadly officially surpassed both Italy and China in recorded cases. Growing exponentially it seems each day. Record breaking unemployment of over 3 million people and yet somehow most (but not all) Republicans and our Idiot in Charge still are under the impression things are getting better.
I am job hunting while playing this waiting game.