Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you and link back to their blog.
• Answer 11 questions the blogger asked you.
• List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award in your blog post.
• Nominate 11 new bloggers & their blogs. Leave a comment on their blog to let them know they received the award and ask your nominees 11 new questions.
Here are the replies to Pete’s Questions:
1.If you could be any animal, what would you be and why?
A cat. Honestly, I think I was one in a former life. But not a house cat, a Cheetah. Because who wouldn’t want to be able to run that fast.
2. What was the first ever creative effort that you remember really being proud of?
The Community Theater production of Allentales in conjunction with Pregones. It started as a 6 month workshop with regular people from the Lehigh Valley, Theater people, The Spanish community & Muhlenberg College Students in 1993. In the spring of 1994 everyone involved, wrote, designed, acted and sung in the bilingual production. I’ll try to highlight it with a clip or two for a something old Sunday post. I had two small speaking parts, a background role, and part of the ensemble that sang in Spanish. The play we developed was about the the first Puertorican to settle in Allentown it was also about the racial divide in the once predominantly white community which by the early 90’s was 75% Hispanic.
3. If you could choose between true happiness, or a greater creative skills, what would you pick?
True Happiness. Because living with anxiety and depression, I never truly get to ride a continual wave of true happiness. My skills are great to begin with.
4. Does politics have a place in the arts?
In the US it did as the NEA but 45 wants to cut it. The NEA has had its share of controversy. I never utilized it. I really have no opinion.
5. What gets you out of bed in the morning ?
A full bladder, an annoying cat and a bi weekly paycheck.
6. Where and how do you do most of your writing/ art?
Paintings and Drawings, in the dining room/craft area. Photography and poetry limitless locations. I’ve even doodled ideas both written and drawn on post it notes at my job…because inspiration can happen at any time.
7. What famous work do you wish you had created?
- A Sunday afternoon by Georges Seurat.
- Melting Watch by Salvadore Dali
- Oh…Jeff…I love you too…but by Roy Lichtenstein
All fascinating to me in their own little ways.
8. Is there anyone in the world that you actually hate?
I dislike a lot of people, but hate is such a strong word. So I would have to say, no.
9. Where is the furthest you have been from home?
Not that far, somewhere in the state of Tennessee I took a trip with my Dad to see where he spent a good chunk of his growing up days. Although Dad was a Yankee, born in Allentown, moved to Philly and ended up in Tennessee then eventually found his way back to Allentown. Since getting married in 2013 my wife and I have been trying to visit different states, next up Massachusetts but Tennessee so far has been furthest. I’ve never sailed nor flown, anywhere.
10. Would you prefer to wake up early, or stay up late?
I would prefer to wake up late, but that never happens. I wake up Mon-Fri @ 5:30am, be nice to be able to wake up later than that.
11. If you could give a new writer who was setting up a blog one piece of advice, what would it be?
Set up a schedule and post certain pieces on the regular and really involve yourself in the community, the best way to get traffic if your not paying yet is to be as active in likes and comments and/or showcasing or taking part in guest blogging, contests or collaborations. It takes a lot to get a lot.
My 11 Nominations: ya’ll rock in your own little way and help brighten my day.
My Questions for my Nominations if you so choose to play along:
- What is funny enough to make you laugh so hard to tears?
- Where do you find your inspiration?
- Does money bring happiness ?
- Do you have any regrets in life ?
- Do you prefer to create in silence or are you listening to music and if you are what would be your top 3 songs?
- What is one thing about you that no one knows (of course now they’ll know 😉 )?
- Do you blog for fun, as an outlet or for profit ? If none of these than, what ?
- Is there a particular person in your family you are or were most close to ?
- What is the most unique place you ever visited ?
- If you were locked in a grocery store overnight, would the temptation to eat something be strong enough that you would break down eat something and pay for it the next day ? Eat nothing ? Eat something without paying ?
- If there was an opportunity to meet in person would you take it or are you more comfortable expressing the “online” version of you via the internet ?