Thanks to Pete for the nomination for this award! You’re a really supportive blogger with a great talent. I also like that we can collaborate, you’re like the younger brother I wish I had. This truly means a lot to me.
If you don’t already follow Peter Wyn Mosey go take a visit his site and check out his awesome writing.
Seven Facts about me…
- For the last 32 years I’ve had encounters with people that have thought I was the opposite sex. In this day and age of Transsexual rights, it does bother me a bit more because that’s not me and on one occasion someone assumed I was transitioning. Just seems weird that no matter how I dress, wear my hair, shave or not, someone out there will always say “Can I help you Ma’am ?” I recently wrote a poem about this issue, I have decided to no longer get angry, best to just ignore the ignorant few.
- I once spent three years recording avant garde music sampling found sounds, people, voicemail messages, household appliances & multiple musical instruments utilizing beat and loop programs called Acid Pro and Fruity Loops. I did this under the name The 27th Angel and showcased my tunes on Myspace from 2004-2007.
- Certified Djembe Drum Circle Facilitator since 2003. I’ve always been fascinated by percussion and at one point had quite the collection of percussive instruments. Now I just have two Djembes, a Wooden Frog, and a Tambourine.
- Once took part in in a competition to successfully pitch a movie idea to independent film makers at The Algonquin Film Fest and won. I wrote a treatment script for a Jewish Horror film called “G-d Help Helen” and was paid an advance of $600 by a company called Blue Flower Productions. It never went further than that, which was a shame but I think the company was having problems and folded not long after.
- I label myself bisexual but I’ve never actually “Officially” dated any men. Three times in my life I took guy friends as my companion to events. I took my best friend “Cabbage Head” to my brother’s college Graduation party, I took my best friend “Raymond” to my brother’s Straight Wedding, “Raymond” also videotaped the wedding and I took my close friend “Yobsty” to My Mom’s friends, daughter’s wedding. I was emotionally attached to all three of these guys and there were moments per each that could implicate that we all shared the “bi” gene but nothing formal was ever established with each. I may touch upon those moments in future Dana installments. *Note: ” ” Not their real names.
- I can read & understand Spanish, I studied American Sign language, I know a couple of Syrian words. I have Chinese Tattooed on me. Languages fascinate me, every now and again they make their way into my artwork.
- My life is enriched with a lot of different job experiences including: retail, fast food, amusement parks, costume character, live performance mixing, telemarketing, warehousing, pick & pick, factory work, art teacher, freelance animator, movie theater usher/popcorn maker and for the last 20 years Digital & Microfilm Preservation for Libraries, Museums & Higher Education Institutions.
There is no compulsion for the nominees to participate; you are free to drop out, if you want. Honestly the third time around and practically zero participation from the previous two…I’m starting to wonder if I should bother.
About The Award & Rules
“When you consider nominating a fellow blogger for the Versatile Blogger Award, consider the quality of the writing, the uniqueness of the subjects covered, the level of love displayed in them.”
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Link to the blog of the person who nominated you.
- Share 7 facts about yourself.
- Nominate 7 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award.
Enjoy reading and writing! 🙂