I might only be 1/4 Welsh and we aren’t truly related but my brother from Wales had some extremely kind things to say about this pushing middle age American mutt.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- List the rules and display an award logo on blog post.
- Answer the 11 questions
- Nominate 11 new blogs.
- Ask nominees 11 new questions
- What is your favourite song, and when did you first hear it?
So many but probably my all time favorite is The Soulful Strut by Young-Holt Unlimited. Heard it sometime during a late night drive in my early 30’s on an oldies station. Love the song so much was one of our songs at our wedding and was part of my mini interview with Craig Charles from BBC Radio 6 in regards to 3 of my favorite funk and soul songs for his feature Spinage Au Troi.
- If you became the leader of the country that you live, what would be the first thing that you would change?
Everyone in office should be subjected to term limits just like the president. No one in office can stay in for a lifetime and their salary would be $3 above minimum wage.
- What is one item of clothing that you own that you would not want to part with?
Honestly any of the shirts with my artwork on them. Although the thinner I get I will part with those one of a kind shirts. If I really had to choose though, I would keep the red scarf my wife crocheted for me.
- How many countries have you ever visited?
One. The one I live in and not too many states either. I’ve never flown or taken a cruise either.
- Books or e-readers?
Both but I truly prefer books & magazines. I just like the feel of a good old fashioned book.
- What is your favourite movie? Why?
Favorites are just so hard to answer, I happen to be a movie buff and am making my way through LetterBoxd.com to see how many I’ve seen in my lifetime pushing 5000 at the moment. But I’ll go with classic comedy: Who done it ? (1942) with Abbott and Costello. There are so many gags I have memorized from this film that watching it over and over never grows old.
- When and where do you do most of your writing?
In bed like I am doing now, on the love seat or at the dining room table where I also do my art and eat while being on my tablet. If I am adding artwork to my blog I’m writing at the computer desk. Sometimes when I should be working at my job I’ll jot ideas or poems down on post it notes.
- What has been a job that you have had that you have liked the least?
3 way tie between bussing tables for an elegant resturant, telemarketing and pick and pack at a warehouse (bounced around a lot of jobs in my teens and 20’s)
- What does your morning ritual look like?
Get up at 5:30 am. Make breakfast. Eat breakfast. Say hello to the cat. Check WordPress. Get dressed. Tell my wife I love her. Tell the cat to get any burglars in the jugular. Go to work between 6:10 am & 6:15 am.
- Do you often remember your dreams when you wake up?
- What would be one piece of advice you would give to someone starting a blog
Keep at it on the daily or consider schedule posts in advance on certain days.
Nominees (Ya’ll continue to inspire me)
- DO YOU BLOG FOR FUN OR TO MAKE MONEY ?
- WHAT’S YOUR FAVORITE MUSICAL (or LIVE THEATER PRODUCTION) ?
- JUST HOW MANY LICKS DOES IT TAKE TO GET TO THE CENTER OF A TOOTSIE POP ?
- WHEN YOU GO GROCERY SHOPPING ARE YOU ABOUT BRANDS OR WHATEVER IS CHEAPEST ?
- DO YOU PREFER TO LISTEN TO, DANCE TO OR SING ALONG TO MUSIC ?
- ANY CRAZY IDEAS ON YOUR BUCKET LIST?
- MY ALL TIME FAVORITE HORROR ANTHOLOGY ON TV WAS NIGHT GALLERY, WHAT IS YOURS ?
- IF YOU HAD A LOUSY RELATIONSHIP WITH A MEMBER OF YOUR FAMILY AND THEY WERE TRAPPED IN A CAR THAT MAY EXPLODE, WOULD YOU TRY TO SAVE THEM ?
- IF YOU HAD THE POWER TO CHANGE ONE THING IN YOUR COUNTRY WHAT WOULD IT BE ?
- WHAT DAY DO YOU ENJOY CELEBRATING THE MOST ?
- IS THERE A HEAVEN ?